NSS. KIS. DLHE. Tuition fees. Student engagement and satisfaction is more visible and arguably more important than it has ever been before. It is fundamental that expectations are set - and met - from the word go!
You need a system that provides:-
- robust and 'live' communication channels
- a clear presentation of everything that a student needs to do - all in one place
- the ability to set and update objectives between the student and staff
- early signs of where intervention is needed, and the tools to start that conversation
- an audit trail of actions and interactions between students and staff so that it is clear who did what and when
- an individual and overall view of your student population's progress towards successful completion
PFA Student Engagement provides interactive, real-time engagement and communication tools for students and all their associated staff. It includes
- All forms, processes and workflows clearly mapped out for students and staff to follow - from induction to thesis submission including external review.
- A proven communication platform that actively chases all parties to ensure appropriate levels and frequency of engagement
- Powerful systems for regular progress feedback and goal setting - reinforcing and focusing face-to-face time to improve its impact.
- Document upload and management systems to share information - or direct links to your organisation's Google Drive, Drop Box, etc.
- All development and training activities per course or per area of interest can be promoted, delivered, verified - including compliance, subject-focused, personal interest.
- VITAE-style frameworks managed and delivered, including portfolio generation and sharing.
- An audit of engagement with each student to confirm you are providing the right experience.
- Your Tier 4 Borders Agency evidence.
- Complete flexibility between schools - you can deliver common or completely bespoke processes within the same institution as required.
- Local confidentiality with powerful, cross-institution reporting.
Where universities use PFA Student Engagement:-
- There is improved communication and engagement of both students and supervisors
- The effort involved in tracking student engagement and performance is reduced
- There is a huge improvement in the quality and access to 'live' data on course and school progress
- It is more clear where and how supervisor effort will have the biggest impact
- Early identification of issues increases the retention and improves the outcomes of students
- Any reluctant staff are converted to enthusiastic users within weeks
The result - Engaged and motivated students and supervisors produce better outcomes for the school.
Comments from PFA Student Engagement users: This system has made a significant difference to our ability to record and audit levels of engagement between students and supervisors. The ability to electronically initiate our annual progress monitoring has been a major benefit to us - both in terms of administrative workload and also the level of consistent support the student receives.
We plan to use it with all our students across an increasing number of activities.
We were worried how well some of our supervisors would engage with the system, but within a couple of months even the most sceptical were convinced by its ease of use and obvious benefits.
This system has allowed us to monitor student progression in real-time and has moved us away from an inefficient paper-based approach.
Given the necessity for providing students with a portfolio of transferable skills, we can see the obvious advantage of this system in documenting all student training and development.
My students like that Simitive provides a record of our meetings and facilitates progress monitoring. Ultimately, I can see how this system may be utilised to provide a student portfolio at the end of their studies
It helps me engage with my supervisor and enables me to formulate a clear plan of my work.
Performance For All is working in partnership with Simitive to develop its suite of university tools.